In the world of anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS), bodybuilders have the choice of taking orals or injectables.
A steroid user fits in one of these three categories:
- Only takes pills – These are bodybuilders who don’t like taking injections or don’t know how to.
- Only uses injectables – These are bodybuilders who don’t like taking pills and/or find injectables more effective.
- Takes both – These are bodybuilders who like the convenience of taking two orals in one day, but still love their injectables.
Oftentimes, oral medications are preferred since they are easy to take. They, however, contain c-17 alpha alkylating, which is hepatoxic. As a result of this stimulatory influence on hepatic lipase in the liver, steroids are given orally can wreak havoc on liver and heart health by causing significant changes in cholesterol levels.
Injectable steroids, on the other hand, are not hepatotoxic since they enter the circulation via a more direct route (via intramuscular injection). As a result, injectable steroids can be taken for longer periods of time (up to 12 weeks). Orals, on the other hand, are only taken in short cycles due to increased ALT (alanine aminotransferase) and AST (aspartate transaminase) liver enzymes, which indicate hepatic stress.
The 3 greatest injectable steroids for muscle building and fat loss are listed below.
Testosterone is a bulking injectable drug that is frequently used in initial cycles to provide substantial bulk and mass. Testosterone, on the other hand, has fat-burning effects (due to its high androgenicity), resulting in a reduction of adipose tissue. As a result, it may also be utilized as a cutting steroid to assist bodybuilders to maintain hard-won muscle while accelerating fat loss.
Users who have never done a testosterone cycle will find that it adds 20-30 pounds of lean muscle in conservative dosages. It’s regarded as the safest anabolic from a cardiac standpoint, with only minor changes in cholesterol and blood lipids.
These seven esters of testosterone can be used:
- Testosterone suspension
- Testosterone propionate
- Testosterone enanthate
- Testosterone cypionate
- Testosterone decanoate
- Testosterone isocaproate
- Testosterone phenylpropionate
Cylobionate and enanthate are the most commonly used testosterone esters because of their longer ester structure and ease of injections (causing minimal discomfort/pain). With these two esters, injections are only required once or twice per week, resulting in modest gains.
Other types of testosterone, such as suspension (pure testosterone in an oil base), can work more quickly. Suspension injections, on the other hand, are required two times a day and may be unpleasant due to the bigger, non-micronized crystals.
Users who desire strong testosterone results but do not want to inject frequently can benefit from Sustanon 250.
Sustanon 250 is a mixture of fast and slow-acting esters that causes users to experience fast results that last throughout the entire cycle. To maintain peak serum testosterone levels, only 1-2 Sustanon 250 injections are required each week.
Side effects of using Testosterone
Testosterone, also known as testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), is a hormone that is naturally produced in men’s bodies. It’s the most well-tolerated steroid available, with many individuals on a daily basis using it to treat hypogonadism.
Users may, however, experience any of the following symptoms if they take testosterone: Water retention, Gynecomastia, MPB (male pattern baldness), Enlarged prostate, Acne, and Suppressed testosterone (hypogonadism)
Testosterone aromatizes, which means it is changed into estrogen. Water retention can result as a result of high testosterone levels, resulting in the muscles appearing bloated or smooth. This isn’t ideal for cutting cycles; therefore, testosterone is typically used as an off-season bulking steroid because it causes water retention. If you want to use testosterone while losing weight but don’t want any water weight, take an anti-estrogen like anastrozole or letrozole.
Anti-estrogenic medicines can also be used to prevent testosterone-induced gynecomastia (gyno), which is breast tissue development in the mammary glands caused by big amounts of the female sex hormone – estrogen.
An anti-estrogen, such as tamoxifen (Nolvadex), may be a better choice than a SERM for lowering blood pressure. In comparison to SERMs, anti-estrogens have less of an effect on blood pressure.
Users of testosterone will suffer from more hair loss, thinning, or recession on the scalp owing to the 5α-reductase enzyme’s androgenic effects (converting testosterone into DHT). DHT, which is present in both men and women, causes inflammation in the hair follicles, resulting in baldness. Urgency when urinating may be experienced.
DHT, a hormone produced in the testes and prostate gland when they are stimulated by male sex hormones such as testosterone, is highly anabolic. DHT decreases the size of the prostate by 20-30 percent when used with 5a-Reductase Inhibitors, however fat loss and muscular development may also be reduced.
Testosterone can cause oily skin or acne vulgaris. It’s possible to have oily skin or acne vulgaris as a result of over-stimulation of the sebaceous glands. Excess sebum and clogged pores are typical outcomes owing to excessive sebum production.
Testosterone, like other anabolic steroids, has a brief impact on testosterone concentrations. Levels will rise for a short time and then plummet after the cycle is over. This occurs as a result of the pituitary gland instructing the testes to cease testosterone production as a self-defense mechanism to maintain homeostasis and counteract the harmful effects of large amounts of exogenous testosterone being injected.
Trenbolone is a potent injectable steroid that is frequently used by bodybuilders. Trenbolone is often known as the most powerful anabolic steroid on the market, owing to its quick results (with acetate) and exceptional ability to alter body composition.
Trenbolone is a 17-alpha methyl Tyr-17-alpha ethynylestradiol derivative with two extra double bonds. Due to its strong androgenic and anabolic features, it can be used as a bulking or cutting steroid. The anabolic and androgenic potency of trenbolone is 500 (5x greater than testosterone).
Trenbolone does not convert to more muscle than testosterone, but it is considered the greatest steroid for enhancing lean muscular tissue. With few AAS able to compete, it may also be the most powerful fat-burning substance.
Trenbolone’s fat-burning effects may decrease weight gain somewhat regardless of trenbolone’s outstanding capacity to generate muscle tissue. Trenbolone inhibits the aromatase enzyme, causing a loss of water weight on-cycle.
Trenbolone, as a result of this, dries out the body and leaves behind more apparent vascularity and striations in the muscles.
Trenbolone promotes muscular hypertrophy (size) owing to the fact that these muscles have more androgen receptors and are therefore more prone to growth.
Trenbolone Side Effects
Trenbolone is a powerful androgen that has few negative effects on the cardiovascular system. Because trenbolone is an injectable drug and non-c-17 alpha-alkylated, it has no significant liver toxicity.
Trenbolone, on the other hand, has harmful effects on cholesterol levels, resulting in cardiac hypertrophy and raising the danger of heart disease. LDL levels will rise dramatically while HDL levels will plummet, worsening plaque buildup in the arteries (atherosclerosis).
Trenbolone does not aromatize, so water retention and estrogen-induced gynecomastia are not an issue. Trenbolone, however, has a significant impact on progesterone, another sex hormone in women that can cause gynecomastia.
In fact, progesterone levels may be reduced by anti-estrogen therapies such as anastrozole. Progesterone synthesis, on the other hand, can be decreased by anti-estrogens like anastrozole. SERMs (such as tamoxifen) can enhance progesterone levels even further.
Hair loss (androgenic alopecia), cystic acne, and prostate growth are examples of androgenic side effects that may occur from trenbolone use. This is due to increased DHT levels, which cause hair follicle damage.
Trenbolone will also increase sebum production, resulting in a significant amount of this waxy substance accumulating on the skin. Excess sebum can clog the pores, as can applying too much moisturizer.
Trenbolone has been shown to elicit similar effects as anabolic steroids. It may cause anxiety and paranoia in sensitive persons, as it activates the central nervous system and puts the body into fight-or-flight mode. The arousal effect produced by greater adrenaline output might also lead to sleeplessness.
Increasing l-tryptophan intake is one approach to decrease anxiety and assist the central nervous system to relax. L-tryptophan is a needed amino acid in that the body cannot manufacture it on its own, therefore it must be ingested through a person’s diet.
L-tryptophan can help muscular men sleep more soundly. Consuming greater amounts of the meals listed below will help bodybuilders sleep better:
- warm milk
L-tryptophan is why so many people are drowsy after eating Christmas dinner, requiring an afternoon nap.
Trenbolone will also cause significant testosterone suppression following the cycle, producing extreme psychological and physiological consequences including low energy, sadness, and lowered self-esteem.
However, when anabolic steroids are utilized for a lengthy period of time or in high doses, they can have serious consequences. Such negative consequences might linger for months if not treated properly with an aggressive PCT, but they may be cleared in weeks.
3. Deca Durabolin
Nandrolone decanoate (NDS) is a slow-acting anabolic steroid (containing longer esters), which causes significant, but gradual increases in size and mass. Durabolin is often utilized in bulking cycles due to its anabolic qualities and lack of androgenicity.
As a result, because Deca Durabolin inhibits fat breakdown by decreasing CPTI (carnitine palmitoyltransferase I) expression and thus preventing fat breakdown, weight reduction isn’t considered vital.
In the 1960s and 1970s, Deca Durabolin was used by bodybuilders to bulk up in the off-season, attempting to surpass their rivals. Arnold Schwarzenegger and other hall of fame athletes frequently combined Deca Durabolin with Dianabol and Primobolan.
Deca Durabolin Side Effects
Deca Durabolin is a mild steroid and has been FDA-approved and widely used in medicine (like testosterone). Deca does not cause significant increases in ALT/AST enzymes, indicating that it does not harm the liver.
For most users, it does not significantly affect cardiovascular health, but LDL/HDL levels will shift, resulting in a small rise in blood pressure. However, Deca Durabolin is frequently combined with other hazardous anabolic steroids that exacerbate blood lipids.
The absence of androgenicity with Deca Durabolin is due to a decrease in dihydro nandrolone (DHN) rather than dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Fewer cases of hair loss, acne, and enlargement of the prostate gland are associated with the reduction in DHN. However, as a result of decreased androgenic abilities, sexual health deteriorates.
This is due to a decrease in nitric oxide, a molecule that promotes vasodilation and blood flow to the penis. Thus, Deca Durabolin users can experience impotence.
Prolactin excess can also induce Erectile Dysfunction, as it reduces libido and arousal. On Deca Durabolin, bodybuilders frequently take cabergoline, a dopamine receptor agonist that has an inhibitory effect on prolactin — precisely targeting the pituitary lactotroph cells — to counteract high prolactin levels.
Because of this, Deca Durabolin is seldom used as a single cycle alone, instead of being stacked with more androgenic bulking steroids (such as Anadrol, testosterone, or Dianabol) to keep peak nitric oxide levels and healthy penile function.
The shutdown of natural testosterone production caused by Deca Durabolin can lead to T symptoms and necessitate a PCT to reverse this male hormone back to normal levels.
Best Injectable Steroids for Cutting?
Trenbolone, Winstrol depot, Primobolan, and Masteron are the best injectable steroids for cutting. They all have strong fat-burning properties without causing any aromatization issues, which improves muscle definition and blood flow. testosterone is a good cutting agent as well, but fluid retention may happen (unless an anti-estrogen drug is used).
Best Injectable Steroid Cycles?
The following are the best injectable anabolic steroid cycles to use without causing liver toxicity or side effects:
- Deca Durabolin + Trenbolone – 4 weeks each in a bulking cycle, with HCGenerate Essence every day (for example).
- Deca Durabolin + Winstrol or Masteron – 6 weeks each in a cutting cycle, with HCGenerate Essence every day (for example).
- Testosterone Enanthate + Dianabol 30mg ED – 6-8 weeks in a bulking cycle, utilizing Dbol for its anti-progestin properties.
Dosage and Half-Life of Nandrolone Decanoate 5g 10-week Bulk 100mgs/week Half-life 9 weeks.
How to Make Nandrolone Decanoate more Agonistic?
To make it more agonistic, you need to stack it with steroids like Dbol. The following are examples of the best stacks (along with a recommended dosage of each drug):
- 30mg ED Dianabol + 100mgs/week Nandrolone Decanoate – 6-8 weeks in a bulking cycle.
- 50mg ED Anadrol + 50mg ED Dianabol + 100mgs/ week Nandrolone Decanoate for 4 weeks during cutting cycle (to build muscle).
Can Injectable Steroids Affect the Liver?
Injectable steroids are not processed and broken down by the liver upon entry. However, they do pass through the liver when exiting the body and thus provide small levels of hepatotoxicity.
Therefore, it is possible for AST/ALT enzymes to rise, however, such elevations are often insignificant (compared to the severity of orals).
How to Inject Injectable Steroids?
Injectable steroids are oil-based and cannot be dissolved in water. The following are the best ways to inject them:
- Use a 23g 5/8″ needle instead of a 22g 1/2″ needle, as it adheres better to the oil’s surface and goes deeper into your muscle tissue.
- Avoid injecting intravenously or intramuscularly, as venous bleeding would increase steroid levels in the bloodstream faster than oral consumption.
- To further reduce this risk, you can make Deca Durabolin more agonistic by stacking it with Dbol (at 30mg ED) during cutting cycles or stacking it with Anadrol for 4 weeks during a bulking cycle.
Best Injectable Steroids for Bulking?
Primobolan, Trenbolone-enanthate, and Testosterone enanthate are the best injectable steroids for bulking. They all have strong androgenic properties and do not cause any aromatization issues (which improves muscle definition).
The following stacks provide users with the most potent gains:
- Primobolan Depot + Deca Durabolin – 8 weeks in a bulking cycle (at 300mgs/week primo and 600mgs/week Deca).
- 100mgs/ week Testosterone Enanthate + 200mgs ED Dianabol – 6 weeks in a bulking cycle or 4 weeks in a cutting cycle.
- 200mgs ED Dianabol + 100mgs/week Trenbolone-enanthate – 6 weeks each in a bulking and cutting cycle (for example).
Best Injectable Steroids for Cutting?
Winstrol Depot, Trenbolone-enanthate, and Testosterone propionate are the best injectable steroids for cutting. They all have strong anti-catabolic properties which result in the dryer and harder muscles while preventing water retention caused by aromatization issues.
The following stacks provide users with the most potent results:
- 50mg ED Anadrol + 50mg ED Dianabol + 100mgs/ week Nandrolone Decanoate for 4 weeks during cutting cycle (to build muscle).
- 100mgs/ week Testosterone Propionate + 200mgs ED Dianabol – 6-8 weeks in a cutting cycle.
- 100mgs/ week Trenbolone-enanthate + 150mgs Winstrol Depot – 8 weeks each in a bulking and cutting cycle (for example).
Injectable Steroid Half-Life?
The half-life of injectable steroids is very short because they are oil-based and thus take longer to be broken down by the body. The following chart provides users with accurate times:
- Testosterone propionate half-life is 3 days, so its active time should last around 9.3 days.
- Testosterone enanthate half-life is 8 days, so its active time should last around 16.6 days.
- Nandrolone decanoate half-life is 15 days, so its active time should last around 27.5 days (as you can see).
- Dianabol half-life is 36 hours, so its active time should last around 36 hours as well (but less than that because of the short ester attached to it).
What are the Side Effects of Injectable Steroids?
Since injectable steroids are oil-based and designed for intramuscular use only, they carry a greater risk of side effects compared to orals/sublingual. They include:
- Vascular and cardiovascular issues or complications (which may result in sudden death).
- Infection at the injection site.
- Liver damage and failure (if too much steroid is ingested/injected, especially with oral steroids).
- Swelling of the body tissues due to water retention caused by aromatization issues (which is irreversible if ignored).
- Aggression and irritability caused by steroid use (similar to roid rage, but different than erectile dysfunction – which is a common side effect among long-term users of injectable steroids – even when testosterone levels are already low).
- Mood swings and/or depression caused by the lack of testosterone in the body (as well as excess estrogen), which can be easily remedied if Dianabol is injected with another steroid such as Testosterone propionate or Nandrolone Decanoate.
- Acne is caused by increased production of oil within the skin, especially on the face, back, chest, shoulders, and upper arms (which does not go away even after steroids are discontinued).
- Sexual dysfunctions such as reduced libido among men – which can be overcome if injectable Winstrol Depot or Masteron is injected along with Testosterone propionate or Testosterone enanthate at 200mgs ED combined with 100mgs/ week Sustanon 250 or Omnadren.
- Hair loss in case of a predisposition for hair loss, which can be easily treated with products containing Finasteride and Minoxidil if an individual is genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness.